A glorious fishing contest

Pretty crowded in some places...
In the last post I talked about a certain event. Well this is what i've been talking about. "Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza". For those of you who have no clue at all what im talking about, here is a link telling you what it's all about: "Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza"

For those of you who already know what im talking about, please continue reading!

So I got to my own place where i waited for the countdown to begin. After a few minutes, the battle for fishpools had begun. Horde and Alliance running around like mad trying to get 40 "Speckled Tastyfish" to win the competiton. But im here for something else:

Sicckkkk stats!!!
"The Lucky Fishing Hat". It's the best headgear in the entire game for level 20 f2p mages. And it looks freaking badass. To get this baby you need to get a certain rare fish from the pools, which are spawned in when the contest begins. Then they'll stay there for the next 2 hours, until the contest ends. This is the major reason why everyone is at STV at this certain time, to get this wonderful hat.



So anyways, I began fishing at a spot where there seemed to be a lot of pools that also respawned quite quick. I stood there for nearly an hour before I got anything special. When I saw that there was something green in my loot-window I got my hopes up. But then it was just an "Rockhide Strongfish" which could be used as a mace...Too bad the level req was 40 though. What's even more sad is that this fish has a lower droprate than the fish needed to get the LFH*.

My own little fishingspot in STV :3
This is how it went on for the rest of the contest. Just a whole bunch of junk and crap fish for 2 hours straight. I did however get a "Dezian Queenfish" towards the end. I left without a LFH* but i still had a lot of fun! And you can count on me being there the next Sunday!

Here is a screenshot of all the fish I looted for those 2 hours. In the far bottom you can see the 2 rare fishes:

Yummy.
Until next time!

*Lucky Fishing Hat

No comments:

Post a Comment